The General Manager is responsible for leading a team in all aspects of restaurant operations. They are a
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of general management experience, or 2+ years in a supervisory role in a QSR environment
- Possess a positive attitude, be ready and willing to manage their team and serve customers, every day with a smile.
- Be able to hire, train and motivate a high-performance team.
- Understand and be able to manage food and labor costs.
- Understand a Profit and Loss Statement and operate restaurant at maximum profitability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills.
- Leadership skills – able to direct, coach, and supervise a team
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Attention to detail
- Inventory Management
- To maintain daily prep routines (including par levels)
- To order, put away and organize Food and Beverage.
- Prepare schedules and ensure restaurant is properly staffed
- Ensure the profitability of business by operating within established guidelines and requirements for food cost, labor, controllable, utilities and sales growth.
- Measure and evaluate performance standards (KPI’s)
- Develop and implement plans for continuous service improvement.
- Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are followed.
- Handle guest problems and complaints in an efficient and positive manner.
- General Managers ensure knowledge, adherence and enforcement of all Firehouse Subs® Policies and Procedures.
- Provide leadership to the restaurant team to consistently meet standards of superior guest service, quality and cleanliness while embracing the Firehouse Subs® “culture” of a cheerful and fun work environment and Firehouse Subs® beliefs and values to adhere to and grow the mission and vision.
- Coordinate and implement current operations game plans and company initiatives in a profitable and timely manner.
- Be accountable for the continuous training and development of the restaurant Assistant Manager, Shift Leaders and Team Members
- Actively participate in Local Restaurant Marketing in local trade area.
- Implement and promote all Public Safety Foundation initiatives.
- Ensure all required programs, reports and legal documents are accurate, complete and accomplished on schedule.
- Maintain awareness and participation in community affairs to take advantage of sales and public relations opportunities.
- Represent Firehouse Subs® in a professional, positive manner at all times.
- Communicate effectively to the Owner any and all issues that may impact our business.
- Maintain restaurant equipment in full working order and communicates problems immediately to Owner.
- Maintain cleaning routines and overall restaurant cleanliness.
- Any other duties assigned by the Owner.
- Able to work on your feet for up to 8-13 hours at a time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Open availability
- Cash handling skills required
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft office required
and the General Manager will play a key role leading our team to provide top-notch guest service.
*This role will require 40 to 44 hours a week or when needed for the business
*This job requires someone who has a valid Drivers License
*Candidate must have food handlers certificate and CPR certification (or obtain one within 30 days of hire)
Firehouse Subs® is a restaurant chain with a passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service and public safety. Founded in Jacksonville, Florida in 1994 by brothers and former firefighters Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs is a brand built on decades of fire and police service, hot and hearty subs piled high with the highest quality meats and cheeses, and its commitment to saving lives through the establishment of the non-profit Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation®.
The founders are the real deal, the food is their creation and the brand is a family of franchise operators who share their same passion for generously serving food and community. For the third consecutive year, based on recent Technomic Insight consumer data, Firehouse Subs was named the No.1 brand in the restaurant industry that "Supports Local Community Activities." This year, Firehouse of America and Firehouse Subs suppliers will together donate a portion of purchases at Firehouse Subs locations to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation for the purchase of lifesaving equipment, with a minimum donation of $1 million.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise restaurant, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchise restaurant. All inquiries about employment at this franchise restaurant should be made directly to the restaurant, and not to Firehouse Subs Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)