REPORTS TO: General Manager/Assistant Manager/Shift Leader
Position Summary Statement: The slicer position is critical to the daily success of the restaurant. Part of our mission is to serve hearty and flavorful food, and it has to be done right! The slicer position works with a Bizerba meat slicer machine. Our meat is sliced, weighed, and portioned DAILY. If you are interested in food preparation, able to enjoy steady work, and can work productively alone. This is a great position for you.
Slicing & portioning requires planning, focus and a determination to get the job completed in timely manner.
- Ensure all sliced meat and vegetables are portioned for the day
- Ensure all portioned 2 oz. and 4 oz. portions are accurate
- Ensure all portioned product is rotated in the cooler and sandwich line
- Ensure there is ample portioned product available/needed for the current day
- Other minor food prep
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant by following daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists
- Greet all guests using our standard “Welcome to Firehouse” greeting and thank them when leaving
- Assist guests with their needs
- Communicate with fellow teammates with a professional, positive attitude
- Prepare food as directed by management staff
- Stock the restaurant
- Adhere to uniform standards and maintain proper appearance and hygiene
- Are friendly, smile, and approach the job with a positive attitude
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Hours typically range from 8/9:00am-12/1:00pm
Founded by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs® began in 1994 with one restaurant in Jacksonville, Fla. 25 years later, the company has spread like wildfire with more than 1170 locations across 46 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Specializing in hot subs, Firehouse Subs® serves hearty portions of premium meats and cheeses, “steamed” hot and placed atop fresh produce on a toasted sub roll. Each restaurant offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with an authentic firefighter theme that celebrates local firefighting history, as well as the founding family’s decades of firefighting service. Firehouse Subs® is committed to giving back and has awarded more than $51 million to public safety organizations through its non-profit, Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise restaurant, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchise restaurant. All inquiries about employment at this franchise restaurant should be made directly to the restaurant, and not to Firehouse Subs Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)