- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
Founded by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs® began in 1994 with one restaurant in Jacksonville, Fla. 25 years later, the company has spread like wildfire with more than 1170 locations across 46 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Specializing in hot subs, Firehouse Subs® serves hearty portions of premium meats and cheeses, “steamed” hot and placed atop fresh produce on a toasted sub roll. Each restaurant offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with an authentic firefighter theme that celebrates local firefighting history, as well as the founding family’s decades of firefighting service. Firehouse Subs® is committed to giving back and has awarded more than $51 million to public safety organizations through its non-profit, Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise restaurant, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchise restaurant. All inquiries about employment at this franchise restaurant should be made directly to the restaurant, and not to Firehouse Subs Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)