The successful candidate will have experience working with multiple clients, companies, or
locations. Duties will require strong knowledge processing accounts payable, researching
payments, AR functions, collections, and more.
This is a TEMP TO HIRE position for the right candidate.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
While the itemized responsibilities and requirements are detailed below, we are the epitomy of entrepreneurs and we have a lot of work!
So, here is a quick overview of the candidate we are seeking:
- Friendly team player!
- Must be able to keep us calm during the storm.
- Ability to flex to latest need is a must.
- Above average Organizational ability
- Self-directed, works independently
- Loves technology.
- Willing to brainstorm solutions with the team.
- Preferably, lives near the Nexton/Cane Bay location in Summerville
- Wants to be part of an awesome team of Assistants, who "plug and play" for each other.
- Is looking for flexibility and relevance
- Has a distinguished work history and references.
- Career path is of interest
- We are in hiring mode and are looking for backgrounds in AR/AP (Quickbooks Online is essential), HR, Executive Admin.
- Hates Drama
Please read on if you are still with us:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing
disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Ensures all payments are sent on time.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments,
payments, or adjustments on behalf of the company.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Verify and enter invoices into proper GL accounts.
- Verify and maintain QuickBooks online information.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experienced team player with strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills including experience using QuickBooks, Excel, and Google Drive.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve while working in a team environment
and be flexible to adapt to frequent change.
- High school diploma required or equivalent
- Experience working with multiple clients, companies, or locations is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must meet deadlines
- Self-starter, able to work proficiently with little supervision
- Handle day-to-day business operations
- The ability to perform duties and special administrative tasks within the given deadlines
- The ability to prioritize tasks given from multiple departments
Virtual applicants will not be considered.
Founded by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs® began in 1994 with one restaurant in Jacksonville, Fla. Now 20 years later, the company has spread like wildfire with more than 1000 locations across 40 states, one U.S. territory (Puerto Rico) and Canada.
Specializing in hot subs, Firehouse Subs® serves large portions of premium meats and cheeses, “steamed” hot and placed atop fresh produce on a toasted sub roll. Each restaurant offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with an authentic firefighter theme that celebrates local firefighting history, as well as the founding family’s decades of firefighting service. Firehouse Subs® is committed to giving back and has donated over $20 million to public safety organizations.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise restaurant, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchise restaurant. All inquiries about employment at this franchise restaurant should be made directly to the restaurant, and not to Firehouse Subs Corporate.